19 Things Kids Want To Hear From Their Dad – Recently I did a poll on Facebook, I asked people if they could hear one thing from their dad’s, what would it be. The overwhelming answer was “I love you,”
Three simple words, we use all three with crazy redundancy I love hamburgers, or I love pizza, I love my puppy I.l.o.v.e.y.o.u.
These eight little old letters, four vowels, pushed together to make a word, then strung together to make up a sentence. I love you. A sentence every one of us knows. And yet so many long to hear it and kids want to hear from their dad… “I love you,”
Kids Want To Hear I Love You
Kids Want To Hear I Am Proud Of You
He wanted his dad to be proud of him, I never met my grandfather so I can’t tell you if he was or not. But in his lifetime, he never told my dad he was and so even after his passing my dad longs for his dad to be proud of him. I can’t imagine living like that.
Kind words are like honey – sweet to the soul and healthy for the body. Proverbs 16:24, NLT
Kids Want To Hear
- I believe in you I accept you
- I want you. This one I have to say broke my heart. The lady went on to explain that her father told her he wanted a boy and it haunted her for her entire life. She is a grandmother now and I cannot imagine how crushing this would be. To have your dad look you in the eye and say I wanted someone else. You, dad, hold so much power in your kids’ lives. Words –whether in jest or not – stay with your kids long after a bone would heal or a bruise fades.
Gentle words are a tree of life; a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit. Proverbs 15:4, NLT
Other Things That Kids Want To Hear
- You’re beautiful
- I trust you
- I trust your decisions
- I treasure you You are so smart
- You did a great job
- I’m so glad to be your dad
- You are enough
- You important/special to me
- How thoughtful of you
- This makes me happy
- I’ll always have your back
- The final one was I love who you chose as a spouse.
Thoughtless words can wound as deeply as any sword, but wisely spoken words can heal. Proverbs 12:18, GNT
None of these are hard, they aren’t eloquent, they aren’t drawn up in calligraphy and special ink- they are just simple words. Simple words your kids are dying to hear from you. Whether struggling through middle school math or away at college, or getting married, or raising children of their own. They want to hear, you, telling them you love them and nothing they do will change that, you’re proud of them no strings attached. That they are important to you, and that you care.
- Lego Mine Fields At Midnight
- Bible Bible
- A Grandmothers Legacy
- When Mother’s Day Hurts | Part 1
- When Mother’s Day Hurts | Part 2
- Dear Momma, Happy Mother’s Day
Check out our YouTube Channel for video content