The Best Pears For Preserving
- Winter Nellis
These varieties should stay good for 3-5 months when stored properly.
This variety should last for 1-3 months.
How To Store Pears Without Processing
Preserving Pears Recipes
Cranberry Pear Preserves
This recipe is one of our favorites preserving pears recipes, the flavor is amazing and it’s so easy to make. We like to serve this at Christmas and Thanksgiving.
- 2 Pounds Cranberries
- 3 Pears cored, peeled & chopped
- 3 Cups Sugar
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 2 1/2 -3 1/2 pounds pears per quart
- sugar (optional)
Cinnamon Pears In Juice
Another terrific preserving pears recipes is canning pears in juice. This is really easy to make, and a great way to process your fruit.
- 1- 1 1/2 Pounds Pears per pint of Ball Fruit-fresh produce protector
- White Grape juice or Apple Juice
- Stick of Cinnamon
Wash pears; cut into halves, core, peel. Treat with fresh fruit to prevent darkening, drain rinse, and drain again. Cook pears in water one layer at a time until hot. Heat juice until just to a boil. Pack hot pears into pint jars cavity side down leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Place a cinnamon stick in each jar. Ladle hot juice over pears again leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe the rim of the jar with a cloth or paper towel, put the lid on top, and adjust the ring on top. Process in a boiling-water canner for 20 minutes.
Pear butter is another great preserving pears recipes, this is one of my favorites that we make every season. Try our Pear Butter Recipe!
How To Make Dried Pears
Drying pears is another fabulous preserving pears recipe. We love to make these for snacks or toss them into our homemade granola.
Wash, core & peel pears.
Cut into 1/2 inch slices, quarters, or halves. Dry at 130 – 135F degrees until leathery with no wet pockets. Put in a jar or plastic bag.
Pear Jam Recipe
Another great idea when you are looking for preserving pears recipes is pear Jam:
Pear Pie Filling Recipe
This is another one of my favorite preserving pears recipes. Pear pie is one of those amazing tastes of fall that I love, ever heard of it? Try our Caramel Pear Pie Recipe!
- 6 pounds pears
- Ball fruit-fresh produce protector
- 2 cups of raw organic sugar
- 1/4 cups organic flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Check out our Amazon Storefront for all of our kitchen essentials and supplies you’ll need.
Before you go, check these out!
Check Out These Other Recipes Before You Go
Before you go check out these other preserving and canning recipes:
- The Best Homemade Canned Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- Best Copycat Rotel Tomatoes and Chilies Recipe
- How To Can Beef Stew For Beginners
- 11 Must-Have Canning Supplies
- The Best Homemade Ketchup Recipe
- Reusable Canning Lids: Tattler Lids Review
- Canning Green Beans
- Canning Beef With A Pressure Canner
- Canning Peaches
- Canning Crushed Tomatoes
- 7 Of The Best Preserving Pears Recipes
- Pear Butter Recipe
- Blueberry Preserves
- Delicious Blackberry Preserves
- Apple Orange Preserves
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Caramel Pear Pie Recipe
- Food Preservation | 10 Best Ways Of Preserving Food At Home
- Pickled Eggs Recipe
- Zucchini Relish
- Delicious Three Bean Salad
- Best homemade Giardiniera (hot or mild)
- How To Make Sauerkraut
- 6 Secrets To Making The Best Crisp Pickles
- Homemade Dill Pickle Chips Recipe
- The #1 Best Homemade Claussen Pickles Recipe You Are Here!
- How To Grow A Kombucha Scoby
- How To Make Kombucha Tea
- How To Make Apple Cider Vinegar In 6 Easy Steps
Canning And Preserving Videos:
- Pickled Okra
- Canning Carrots
- Canning Beef Stew
- How To Can Raw Packed Beef
- Preserving Cabbage
- Homemade Apple Pie Filling
- Homemade Canned Cranberry Sauce
- Claussen Style Refrigerator Pickles
- Canning Chicken Broth
- How To Make Sourdough Starter