A Nation With The Soul Of The Church
G.K. Chesterson (An English writer) While talking about the United States, said it is, “A nation with the soul of the church.” But is America still a nation with the soul of the church? I would have to say on first glance no… But, if I look more closely… parts of it still do have the soul of the church.
People Who Give Us The Soul Of The Church
There are still those people who give America that soul. There is the police officer who bought the homeless man shoes. The people who volunteered after hurricane Sandy, those that think nothing of themselves and when there is a tornado or flood they get out there with nothing more than cold sandwiches or their own strength to help those hurting dig out, rebuild or provide a shoulder to cry on… and so many others. A family near and dear to me, their family who gave up everything and moved to Sierra Leone, Africa to labor in the heat and heartache to build homes for the orphans to love on the people of Africa and show Christ’s love and find they are “home”.
Loving Your Neighbor As Yourself Give Us That Soul
The Hope of Keeping The Soul Of The Church
Before You Leave, Check Out These Related Posts
- Choosing Honor Over Revenge
- Love Is A Verb
- I Thought It Would Be Easier
- The Lord Is In This Place
- Take The Training Wheels Off Your Faith
- When Faith Hurts
- Clinging To A Promise
- I see you
- When the World Says, The Job Is Too Big
- What Would Happen?
- Does God Give Us More Than We Can Handle?
- Follow Your Dreams
- Called To Be More
- When Blessings Turn Into Curses
- Believing The Worst
- A Nation With The Soul Of The Church
- I Have Cared For You
- What is Keeping You On The Bench?
- I’m Done Being Afraid
- Kissing Fear Goodbye and Making A Splash
- Let Your Light So Shine – Sequins At Sonic
- We Aren’t Worthy
- Revive My Heart In This Desert Place
- My Heart Responds, “I’m Coming!”
- Secure Your Own Mask
- Author Of My Story