There is nothing quite like the taste of apples and cinnamon, and this apple scones recipe brings those flavors together to make something truly delicious!
Supplies To Make Apple Scones:
- Chopping Knife
- Cutting Board
- Wooden Spoon
- Large Bowl
- Measuring Spoons and Cups
- Cookie Sheet
- Silicone Baking Mat
2 cups of organic flour
1/3 cup of raw organic sugar
1 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
8 Tbsp of Grass-fed butter (frozen)
1/2 cup chopped apples
1/2 cup organic yogurt
1 organic large egg
Pin This Apple Scones Recipe For Later
This article contains affiliate links
Print This Apple Scone Recipe
Apple Scone Recipe
- 2 cups of organic flour
- 1/3 cup of raw organic sugar
- 1 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 8 Tbsp of Grass-fed butter frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped apples
- 1/2 cup organic yogurt
- 1 organic large egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp raw sugar
- Place 8 Tablespoons worth of butter in the freezer.
- Lower your oven rack to middle or low and preheat oven to 400 F.
- Measure your flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl.
- Remove the butter from your freezer and grate on the largest setting into the flour mixture.
- Use your fingers to work the butter into the flour once it is all grated. You don’t want to over-mix this dough it will be tough and dry. Add your chopped apples.
- In a separate bowl measure your yogurt and egg. Whisk this until it is a smooth consistency. Grab a fork and add this to your dry ingredients. Then use your hands to finish mixing it and make it into a ball in your bowl. Dough may feel a bit sticky- it is ok.
- Remove ball and place on a lightly floured cutting board and press down on the top flattening it and making a circle of dough that will be about 8″ and it is about 3/4″ thick. Sprinkle this with remaining sugar and cinnamon.
- Taking a sharp knife cut the circle into 8 triangles.
- Place the triangles on a baking mat or parchment paper on a cookie sheet about an inch apart and bake for 15-17 minutes depending on your oven.
Before you go, check these out!