Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Pin for later
Best Chicken Noodle Soup
There is NOTHING like chicken noodle soup on a chilly day or when you just don't feel well. This is one of our great make-ahead recipes. Chicken soup does not have to be boring but it should be full of rich flavor not found in a can. We love to make this chicken noodle soup and several others when the weather is cold and you have all week done and you can take leftovers to work with you, We have had several people ask us how to make chicken noodle soup from scratch so we decided to show you how we do it. We hope you love it as much as we did.
- Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 3 chicken thighs or breasts (you can use leftover chicken or just use raw chicken in the soup)
- 2 quarts of bone broth (see recipe here) or chicken broth you can make by just boiling your chicken pieces in spring water and season the broth to taste.
- 6 cups of spring water
- 2 cups diced organic celery If you have picky eaters put this in a food processor or even blender with some water and make it really chopped up for them. You will get the flavor without the big chunks of celery. Do this for the onion as well.
- 2 cups thinly sliced organic carrots.
- 2 cups of organic egg noodles
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped fine
- 1/2 cup chopped organic sweet onion
- 1/2 bag of organic frozen peas (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Organic Grass-fed butter
- 1/8 tsp of black pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp sage
- Himalayan Pink salt (to taste)
- Pepper to taste.
Dice your onions, slice carrots, dice celery and chop your garlic.
In a small pan melt your butter. Saute onions in butter. Season with some salt.
In a large stockpot put your broth and water. To this add carrots, garlic, celery, and seasonings. Slip in your chicken and cook until just still a little pink inside. This will make it so you do not overcook your chicken and it is tender.
When onions are done add them to the soup pot.
Remove chicken to a cutting board and dice (Whatever size you like.) Set aside the chicken.
When vegetables are tender add your egg noodles. Cook until they are tender. Reduce heat and add the chicken back into your soup and simmer until the pieces are done.
- Homemade Tortellini Recipe From Scratch
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup
- Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe
- Zuppa Toscana
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup