Canning peaches is such a great way to preserve your bumper harvest to enjoy all year long and doing it without sugar is even better! The truth is that we go through these jars so fast that they often don’t last all season!
What you will need:
- Water bath canner or large stock pot
- Quart Canning Jars
- Rings and Canning Jar Lids
- Vegetable Peeler
- Bowl or bucket to hold your peels and peach pits
- Large Pot to put your peeled peaches in
- Citric Acid or Vitamin C to put in the water to hold your peeled peaches
- Hot Pan Holders
- An Apron
- Nice Padded Rug To Stand On
- Sauce Pan To Warm Juice
- Handled Jar grabber to put jars in and take them out of the canner
- Debubbling wand or a wooden spoon handle to remove bubbles from jars before placing lids on them.
Related Post: Apple Orange Preserves
Rosevine Cottage Girls Canned Peaches
- White Grape Juice
- 2-3 lbs Peaches
- Citric Acid or Vitamin C for the water you place the peeled peaches in
- Wash, peel, and slice peaches into a large pan filled with water and 1 tsp per cup of water of citric acid or 3000 mg. per cup of water of vitamin C . This will keep your peaches from turning brown while you are working.
- Place the finished peaches in the heated juice long enough to warm them.
- Ladle warm peaches & juice into warm jars leaving 1/2″ head space.
- Using the handle of a long wooden spoon slide the handle down the inside of the jar and press the peaches to the center of the jar so all the air bubbles can escape.
- Wipe the rim of the jar with a clean cloth.
- Place the lid on top and screw down the ring.
- Place in a boiling water canner, processes pints 20 minutes and quarts (pictured abovfor 25 minutes