This condensed cream of mushroom soup recipe is great for
- When you are in the middle of a recipe that calls for a can of condensed mushroom soup and you don’t have it.
- When you would love to make a recipe that calls for cream of mushroom soup but don’t want to use the ingredients in a pre-canned soup.
- When you want to use the best and freshest ingredients for your condensed cream of mushroom soup and only homemade will do!
What is the difference between cream of mushroom soup and condensed cream of mushroom soup? The difference is that condensed soup is a thicker more concentrated version of the soup. You use condensed milk in the recipe to be able to freeze the soup with better results than you would normally.
What you will need to make condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Cutting Board
- Sharp Knife
- Soup Pan
- Mixing Spoon
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Soup Bowl
- Soup Spoons
- Soup Freezer Container
- Food Processor
- Kitchen Timer
This post contains affiliate links. Using this link costs you nothing but helps to support Rosevine Cottage Girls
Better than canned-
Homemade Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 1/4 Cup of grass fed butter melted – You can use regular butter if that is what you have
- 8 ounces of your favorite variety of mushrooms sliced or diced
- 1/2 of a sweet yellow onion minced finely
- 1 Clove of Garlic minced or 1/2 teaspoon of the minced garlic in a jar from your grocery store.
- 1/2 Teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 Cup unbleached All-Purpose Flour ( we use King Arthur)
- 1/2 Cup of canned Evaporated Milk or you can simply use cream
- 1/2 Cup Bone broth (see our recipe below) or vegetable or chicken broth
Directions to make condensed cream of mushroom soup
Pull out a cutting board to protect your counter and a sharp knife. Peel and slice the onion in half and then mince up half of the onion in small pieces or if you have a food processor use that and fine chop the onions. Put the remaining half in a Ziplock bag or in a plastic sealed container.
Chop the garlic clove in a food processor or put it in a garlic press and squeeze.
Wash one cup of mushrooms and slice or dice them to your liking you can even put them in the food processor if you want to have them very fine.
In a soup pan melt the butter. When melted well add the vegetables to the pan and sauté for 6 or 7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
Measure the flour and put in the pan. Stir the flour into the butter and vegetables well cooking them for one minute.
Add the evaporated milk and the broth to your mixture.
Cook this until it gets quite thick.
This will make one can of condensed cream of mushroom soup. This will have to be diluted with an additional 10 ounces of cream or milk to make it into a bowl of soup. It will make 2 servings of soup.
This is great to pop in silicone molds and freeze ahead. It is really delicious!
Print Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 8oz Mushrooms
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- Chop onion, and garlic in a food processor.
- Add mushrooms.
- Add butter to a pan and melt - add veggies to the pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add flour and stir well for 1 minute.
- Add evaporated milk and broth.
- Cook until thick.
Check out these other recipes
- Bone Broth
- Chicken Gumbo Soup And How To Can It
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
- Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup
- Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe
- Delicious Egg Drop Soup
- Tortilla Soup
- Best Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chicken and Rice Soup
- Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- Pork Soup
- Soup, Soup And More Soup Roundup
- Cream Of Broccoli Soup
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- Mulligatawny Soup
- Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- Best White Bean Chicken Chili
- Amazing Homemade Bison Chili Recipe
- #1 Homemade Bean Chili Recipe
- Green Chili
- The Best Homemade Classic Chili Recipe