Sugar Cookie Recipe for Stamping Cookies
1 cup salted organic butter, (it helps if you take the butter out of the fridge before you have to put it in the mixer)
1 cup organic sugar
3 cups Organic flour
1 large organic egg
1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
½ tsp. another extract of your choice (you can use almond but I don’t like the taste so I just use more vanilla or lemon extract)
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 1 minute…..or 2.
3. On medium speed, beat in the egg, vanilla, the other extract of your choice, baking powder and salt.
4. Add flour to the mix 1 cup at a time, beating until combined after each cup that you add. 5. Divide your dough into two balls. Lightly flour your rolling pin so it will not stick. Roll your dough to about 1/4″ on a piece of parchment paper. Use your cookie press to make the cookies.
6. Line cookie sheets with clean parchment. Place cookies on parchment and bake at 350 F. for 6-8 minutes depending on your oven.
7. Remove parchment from pan and allow cookies to cool.
DO NOT DISTURB the cookies until they cool and set
Leave a message for us in the comments below and let us know what you think. Have you used a cookie press before? Do you think they are something that you would try in your baking?
*This post contains affiliate links.*
Before you go check out these other recipes
- Lemon White Chocolate Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
- Cranberry Dark Chocolate Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Greek Easter Cookies – Koulourakia
- Everything Cookie
- Crushed Peppermint Cookie
- Molasses Spice Cookies
- Sand Dollar Snickerdoodles
- Book Cookies
- Envelope Cookies
- Cowboy Cutout Cookies
- Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easter Cutout Cookies
- Heart Shaped Cookies[yikes-mailchimp form=”2″]