Can Rosemary Be Used In Chicken?
What Herbs Go Best With Chicken?
Some of our favorite herbs to use with chicken are cilantro, sage, oregano, rosemary, tarragon, thyme, and garlic too.
How Do You Make Chicken More Flavorful?
You can marinate your chicken overnight to infuse lots of flavor in it or you can brine your chicken to add lots of moisture, tenderness, and flavor to your meat and make it a recipe that is not easily forgotten.
What Is Rosemary Good For?
Rosemary is a large growing evergreen shrub that hails from the Mediterranean area that has been used in cooking and in medicine for thousands of years. Today it is widely used in cooking and adds an earthy taste to your dishes. Dr. Josh Axe’s article is wonderful showing the amazing health benefits of this amazing herb. According to Flushing Hospital, the Rosemary plant is full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that are thought to help with your immune system, circulation, and memory and so much more. In Their article on Rosemary, Medical News Today says that it looks like it can improve concentration, digestion and help with brain aging.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Cranberries?
Many consider cranberries a superfood with their very high antioxidant and nutrient levels. Medical News Today says that consuming cranberries can lower one’s chances of getting a urinary tract infection. They are a good source of vitamin C, fiber, and vitamin e.
Cranberry Chicken Recipe
What you need for cranberry chicken:
- 9×3 Baking Dish
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring spoons
- Ziplock Bag
- Hot Pan Holders
- Meat thermometer
Cranberry Chicken Marinade
The juice of 1 orange
1/3 cup frozen or fresh cranberries
2 tablespoons avocado oil
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup white wine
Directions For Cranberry Chicken:
- Place all marinade ingredients in the blender and blend.
- Place chicken in a bag and pour marinade over chicken.
- Marinate for 30 minutes to overnight in a ziplock bag.
- Place chicken and marinade in a 9×3 baking dish, scrape marinade off of the chicken, brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt.
- Add rosemary sprigs, and bake at 375 until meat reaches 165F.
- Turn on the broiler and broil cranberry rosemary chicken for 5 minutes or until the skin is golden and crispy.
- The juice of 1 orange
- 1/3 cup frozen or fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 Thigh/leg quarters
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- Himalayan Pink Salt to taste
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
Place all marinade ingredients in the blender and blend.
Place chicken in a bag and pour marinade over chicken.
Marinate 30 minutes to overnight in a ziplock bag.
Place chicken and marinade in a 9x3 baking dish, scrape marinade off of the chicken, brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt.
Add rosemary sprigs, and bake at 375 until meat reaches 165F.
Turn on the broiler and broil cranberry rosemary chicken for 5 minutes or until the skin is golden and crispy.
Flushing Hospital article on the benefits of rosemary.
Don’t miss our other Holiday Recipes:
- Cornish Game Hens
- Delicious Christmas Roast
- Cranberry Sauce
- Bone Broth
- Green Beans Cottage Style
- Ranch Style Mashed Potatoes
- Delicious Tender Roasted Carrots Recipe
- Apple and Butternut Squash Casserole
- Soft Dinner Rolls
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- The Best Homemade Rosemary Dinner Rolls Recipe
- Apple Pie
- Cherry Pie