Egg Garland Tutorial
- Gather your eggs and wash them. We like to use GSE to wash them. You can make a spray with it and water or you can use a paper towel with water and some GSE drops on it. Clean them thoroughly.
- Using something with a point like a metal shishkabob skewer or ice pick Poke a hole at each end of the egg and use grandma’s method of blowing eggs – by putting her lips on one end of the egg and blowing- or my method -sticking a straw over one of the holes and blowing-.
- Wash the eggs thoroughly and allow to dry.
Measure the area where you want to put the garland and add a little bit more if you want to swag it.
Tie a knot in one end of the twine, you want it big enough that the egg won’t slip over it. Gently push the string through both holes in the egg, and continue adding eggs until you reach your desired length. You can use a needle with a large eye if you have trouble getting it through. Tie another knot in the string and you are done.
Related Article: DIY Spring Garden Wreath
Other Ideas For Your Blown Egg Garland:
- You can add wooden beads in between the eggs if desired and you can use a pretty ribbon and use that ribbon to tie your garland on or use that to fasten it to the walls.
- This is very beautiful on the fireplace but would also look so pretty to swag over a door opening. It can be used as a part of your Easter table decor with other items like flowers, plain blown eggs, etc.
- You can use the extra blown eggs to create an egg wreath for your wall or your door as well.
- Use any extra blown eggs to fill a decorative bowl or basket
Before You Go, Check Out These Other Articles
- Beautiful DIY Easter Egg Wreath Tutorial
- Koulourakia Greek Easter Cookies Recipe
- Easter Cutout Cookies
- The Best Easter Deviled Eggs
- Italian Braided Easter Bread
- Easter Traditions
- Hot Cross Buns
- Creating Neutral Spring Farmhouse Mantel Decor
- What To Plant In April For A Spring Garden In Zones 3-10
- Good Friday: The Day God Loved You
- Keep The Faith When It Looks Like All Hope Is Lost
- God In The Storm; 6 Powerful Ways To Trust God When The Flood Waters Rise
- Holding On To God When Life Brings Us To Our Knees
- God Is With Me When I Walk Through The Fire