Snow White was a princess, in her life she didn’t have to cook and clean and wash and sew or toil at the spinning wheel. But Snow White chose to. She accepted these seven crazy misfits, Snow White loved and cared for them expecting nothing in return. She had nothing and no one.
Snow White – Persevering In Pain
Snow White was on the run for her life. But she won people over, not with her pretty face or popularity or a great sense of humor or dazzling smile. Not by having her life altogether and knowing exactly where she was going, but by loving people. In all their broken beautiful forms. She met the evil in the world with kindness. Her name was Snow White. She’d lost everything, but she still had love.
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality. Romans 12:9-13 (c) NIV
Snow White – A Tale Of Persevering In The Midst Of Pain
When life is hard it’s easy to curl up in a ball, proverbially suck our thumbs, or stuff our face with chocolate and ice cream and push the world away. Snow White didn’t do that. Instead, she didn’t let her circumstances define her. Snow White didn’t let her present trials define her tomorrow. She didn’t change because she’d gotten hurt. Snow White didn’t grow bitter or resentful. She reached out and met people who were hurting and she changed their lives. She was a light in the broken places so that when Snow White bit the apple given to her by the witch and fell asleep, even Grumpy realized how much he had changed because of her. Even through her own pain, her brokenness she was touching others.
James 1:12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 (c) NIV
Snow White – The Story Isn’t Over
Just like Snow White, don’t let your current situation define you. You must persevere in the midst of your pain. This is just a chapter, not the end of the book. This isn’t how your story ends friend – and like Snow White, The Author is just working on the next page. Be patient. No good story is complete without some trials. It’s through these trials that the characters discover who they are. What they are made of. They grow deeper, stronger, richer, better. Trust Him, friend. He is faithful and true… He is holy and good. He is the author of my story and yours
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything James 1:1-4 (c) NIV
- 1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
- Psalm 56:3 When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
- Matthew 6:25-27 “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?”
- Romans 8:17-18 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
- Matthew 6:34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.”
- Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Psalm 112: 1, 7-8 Praise the Lord! Happy are those who fear the Lord. They are not afraid of evil tidings; their hearts are firm, secure in the Lord. Their hearts are steady, they will not be afraid.
2 Corinthians 12:9 My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.
Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
- Psalm 121:1-2 I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
- Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?
- Isaiah 41:13 For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.
Before you go check out these other posts
- Hero’s And Princesses: Heart Of A Hero
- Hero’s And Princesses: Shield Of Virtue, Sword Of Truth
- When Loving Is Hard
- It Didn’t Go My Way
- Struck Down But Not Destroyed
- Seek Me
- Keep Running
- You Are Mine
- Sometimes God Uses A Sledgehammer
- This Is War
- Have You Thanked God In This?
- When The World Says You’re Not Enough
- Don’t Stop Building – Working Through Criticism
- When The World Says- The job is too big
- Jumping To Conclusions
- Life Is Hard
- Charades – When The World Says You Are Pretending
- Don’t Postpone Joy
- Bear One Another’s Burdens
- He Is Our Hope
Scripture taken from the Holy Bible, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.