We’ve been making so many pickles here at Rosevine Cottage that we keep running out of pickling spice, the bad thing? All the local stores aren’t carrying it anymore, which is quite the problem when you have a ton of pickling cucumbers waiting to be processed. After a bit of research, and a dozen Google searches we came up with a pickling spice recipe that tastes like the store-bought kind, with ingredients we can get year-round!
Pickling spice is super easy to make, with a handful of ingredients you can keep it in stock without worrying about if the store has it.
This recipe contains affiliate links
Pickling Spice Recipe
Pickling Spice Supplies:
1/2 Tablespoon Dill Seed
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper Corns
Measure all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix. Pour into an airtight container and label.
Print Pickling Spice Recipe
- 2 tablespoons whole mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice berries
- 2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 bay leaves (crumbled)
- 2 cinnamon sticks (broken in half)
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/2 Tablespoon Dill Seed
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper Corns
- Measure all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix. Pour into an airtight container and label.
Before you go, check these out!
3 thoughts on “Homemade Pickling Spice Recipe”
6 whole cloves of what?
Believe she means 6 “whole “ Clove seeds. Clove is sold whole or crushed.