This homemade Italian sauce has been in the family for years, it’s our goto for ever pasta recipe or quick and easy meal. The flavor is spectacular! Once you try this sauce you’ll never be able to eat it out of a can again.
Pin for later!
This recipe contains affiliate links.
Supplies to Make Italian Sauce:
Ingredients for Italian Sauce:
Homemade Italian Sauce
- 1 large can of tomato sauce I like to use Hunts
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic peeled and chopped
- onion powder to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- Parmesan and Romano cheese freshly grated
- 1-2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- In a nice size, saucepan heat olive oil. If you can't use olive oil you can use another oil. Turn it to med/low heat and add your chopped garlic.
- Stir constantly until it turns golden in color (not brown) and becomes very fragrant.
- At this point pour in your sauce. Add in your parsley flakes and cheeses. Season with garlic powder and onion powder and fresh pepper.
- Turn down low and simmer slowly for about 20 min to let the seasonings mingle.
- Pour over your pasta, on your lasagna, on pizza, ravioli, Manicotti, etc. and top with grated Parmesan and Romano Cheese.
Before you go, check these out!