Find your spot!
Spring! It is a time of new beginnings, new life. A time to find your spot and bloom. A time to get your hands dirty and to end the day with sun in your hair and the smell of the springtime breezes delighting the senses. To enjoy the beauty of the riot of flowers springtime brings with it. The hope of new life after the extended bleakness of winter.
Have you noticed that every flower is blooming where it is planted, unique, beautiful, in the exact place God meant for it to be?
Pin image for later
Find Your Spot!
Blooming where you are planted- it is so easy to get caught up in where you want to be in six months, a year, twelve that we forgot to bloom where we have been planted. We forget to do what we were meant to do. God has a purpose for our lives… we have been called and there is a job we need to fulfill.
Don’t Worry What The Other Person Is Doing In Their Spot – Find Your Spot
Our pastor used to tell us to get into “our spot”. “Don’t worry about what Aunt Sukie is doing over there in her spot but worry about what you are doing in your spot.” Before we can move on to greater things, greater blessings, sometimes we just need to bloom where we are planted. We can’t move on to the next great thing until we have completed the job we have before us.
Find Your Spot In His Plans For You
Don’t worry if your stem seems small if the roses are in rare form to your left or if the lilies are displayed in all their glory around to your right. Do not envy them, but do what you are meant to do right where you are. Spread those petals and let your light so shine, and before you know it the seeds of faith and love will spring up all around you, and you will find yourself right where you are supposed to be. Right where He wants us to be.
Find Your Spot In His Will
Live your life not just in your own plans but in the plans and the will that God has for you. It is there that you will see the incredible fulfillment in all that God has in store for you. We can only see a small section, a little glimpse of all that God has in store for us if we will but trust in and rely on him fully. In order to do this, we must make him a priority in our lives. We must spend time in not only our plans but in his word reading the bible and learning truly who God is, who is his son, and what does he want for my life. It is only in spending time reading the bible that we can understand his will for our lives and the incredible plans he has for us.
Find Your Spot In His Work
Look around you and see where God is already at work. All around us Jesus is there showing love and compassion to a hurting world. The Holy Spirit is busy working in the hearts of his people to bring the good news of the gospel to the world. Pray that he shows you specific ways and places to be a part of that work. Pray for him to lead you and to give you a heart that is willing to sacrifice to be a part of his plan.
How Can You Find Your Spot? Knowing God’s Will
First of all, God’s will is that you know him and have a relationship with him. As we learn more about Him in his Word (the bible) we will find out more about him and how he desires us to live our lives. How we from this point on relate to him and to others around us. God tells us to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind and next to love your neighbor as yourself. We find ourselves in this relationship no longer living for ourselves but for God. I love the way that The Message Bible puts it in Matthew 10:39, “If your first concern is to look after yourself, you’ll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you’ll find both yourself and me”. God is our compass, our true north. True north never changes. Navigators, sailors, adventurers, and travelers of all kinds have found their way safely home by it. So it is the same with us. He will lead us in the way that we should go. The more time we spend with him, reading and meditating on the bible that we will know what his will is for our lives and how we should live it. It is a beacon showing you your spot in the world.
Verses On Knowing God’s Will For Your Life
- For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
- This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:3-4 NIV
- Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NIV
- It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; 1 Thessalonians 4:3 NIV
- Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. Hebrews 13: 20-21 NIV
- Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. Luke 9:23 NIV
- Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. Psalm 119:105 NIV
- If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. James 1:5 NIV
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV
- You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. Hebrews 10:36 NIV
Scripture quotations are taken from The Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®
Copyright © 1973 1978 1984 2011 by Biblica, Inc. TM
Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Now That You Found Your Spot, check out these other articles:
- Waiting On The Lord | Lessons From The Farm
Lessons From The Farm & Splinters and Bitterness
- Lessons From The Farm | Part 5 Grass Is Greener
- Lessons From The Farm | Importance Of Pruning
- Lessons From The Farm | Poison Ivy
- Lessons From The Farm | Need To Fertilize
- Lessons From The Farm | Weeds
- Let Him Plant The Flowers