Decorating A Farmhouse Mantel For Spring
For this farmhouse spring mantel we started with two skinny mirrors we picked up at a vintage store and placed them on either end of the mantel with a beautiful egg wreath in the center. We used a vintage clock and books at the center of the mantel. They add a great layer of texture to the mantel while still fitting in our color scheme.
To one side of the clock we added a cute picture of our ducklings, in a simple white frame. On the other side and a creamy mock french birdcage we picked up at Hobby Lobby awhile back. We placed some cute nests here and there with blown quail eggs, a little duckling figurine and antique silver candlesticks to finish of the center of our mantel.
Tips For Decorating A Spring Farmhouse Mantel
Some things you should keep in mind while styling a spring farmhouse mantel”
- Plan: Consider the size, style, shape, structure, and color of your mantel before you begin decorating. Figure out what style you want to decorate your Christmas mantel.
- Balance: when decorating a Christmas mantel keep in mind that either side of your mantel should have decor that is the same height. Try to mirror the other side of your mantel.
- Focal Point: Use a large piece of art in the middle of your Christmas mantel and build around it.
- Color: Use colors that you will find in the Christmas decor around your home in your Christmas mantel.
- Layers: Use layers to create a gorgeous Christmas mantel. Place items over each other to create depth.
- Sizes: Use different sized and shaped objects, start with taller objects in the back and then smaller ones in the front.
- Classic look: To create a formal display by selecting a large focal piece for the center of your fireplace and then place matching pieces to either end of the mantel.
- Less is more: You don’t want so much stuff on your Christmas mantel that it looks crowded or cluttered.
- Odds work best: Instead of placing matching pieces together, place similar items together in groups of 3-5.
- Relaxed look: To create a relaxed look lean a mirror or framed artwork against the wall.
Before you go, check these out!
- How To Decorate Farmhouse Style In Your Home
- The Best Spring Decor On Amazon
- Styling A Spring Tablescape