These meat pies are a great way to use leftovers after you have made a meal. They would be delicious with roasted or rotisserie chicken, leftover turkey, roast, etc. We had taco salad and so we had leftovers of ground beef, black beans, cheese, and some jalapenos.
Meat pies are a simple twist of the traditional meat pasty, but these meat pies made more of a purse our pouch fashion and made with a little more Spanish flavor. We have also made them with all vegetables and cheese, and with chicken and cheese. They are delicious and make the meal so special. You could even use pizza ingredients in them. I think this would be a kid-pleaser.
I made simple dough squares to put the filling for these pies in and used leftovers. I have also made this with diced chicken, veggies like peas, diced carrots, green beans and diced cooked potatoes and put cheese with it and they were fantastic
Meat Pies Recipe
Meat Pies Filling:
Meat Pies Glaze:
Directions for Meat Pies:
- Divide your dough into 5 pieces.
- Make each piece into a small ball, and put it on a floured surface.
- Roll out the dough to a circle about the size of a small salad plate.
- Put a dollop of the filling in the middle and bring all of your meat pies edges to the center and twist.
- Place your meat pies on your a sheet and continue with the rest until you are done.
- Then take your pastry brush and brush your glaze over the top of your meat pies.
Let us know what you think.
- Mr. Cottage’s Favorite Meatloaf
- Perfect Herb-Roasted Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Tender Roasted Carrots Recipe
- Tender Garlic Seared Chuck Roast Recipe
- Green Beans Cottage Style