Peach crisp is one of my favorite parts about peach season! Mom and grandma would be canning the delicious peaches but they would take some aside and make a fantastic peach crisp with them. The canned peaches made more peach crisps when the weather grew cold and it was like a bit of summer in every delicious bite.
This peach crisp recipe is super easy and in no time you too will be enjoying this beauty. We like to use organic ingredients but you can use what you have and they will come out the same measure for measure.
What you will need:
- Casserole Dish
- Vegetable Peeler
- Cutting Board
- Bowl For Sliced Peaches
- Knife For Slicing Peaches
- Bowl For Pits and Peels
- Cute Apron (because they make everything taste better).
- Hot Pan Holders
- Trivet For Your Hot Pan
- Serving Spoon Or Pie Server
- Serving Plates
- Hungry People
Peach Crisp Ingredients
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F or 176 C
- Using the vegetable peeler, peel all of your peaches and place them in a bowl.
- Using a knife slice them in half and remove all of the peach pits.
- Slice the peaches in nice slices and pour them into your casserole dish. Arrange them so that they spread across the dish.
- In a small bowl measure out your oats, sugar, and flour.
- Using a fork, pastry knife or two dinner knives cut in butter with the flour oat mixture. It is done when it makes a crumbly meal.
- Take the crumbles and sprinkle over the peaches in the casserole dish.
- You can cover the entire dish with foil at this point if desired.
- Place the crisp in the preheated oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until golden and crisp at 350 F.
- Using oven mitts remove the crisp from the oven and place on a trivet to protect your counter from the heat.
- Remove from the dish using a serving spoon or pie server place the hot crisp in your serving plate or bowl.
- This is delicious served with a bit of whipped cream or ice cream on the hot peach crisp.
Check out our Amazon Storefront for all of our kitchen essentials and supplies you’ll need.
Related Post: Canning Peaches
- 8-12 Peaches
- 1/2 Cup Raw Sugar
- 1 Cup Organic Flour
- 2 Cups Organic Oats
- 12 Tablespoons Grass-Fed Butter
Peel peaches and remove the pits.
Slice them in nice size slices and pour the peaches in a casserole dish.
In a bowl mix oats, sugar, and flour
Cut in butter until crumbly.
Cover the top of the peaches.
Bake at 350 until the top is golden.
Can be served with whipped cream or ice cream on top of the hot crisp