What goes with a taco salad?
Should Taco Salad Be Warm Or Cold?
Is taco salad bad for you?
Is this taco salad casserole gluten-free?
Can I make this Taco Salad Casserole non-dairy?
How long will this taco salad casserole last?
Taco Salad Casserole
- Take the ground beef out of the package and place it in a saute’ pan. If you have low-fat ground meat you may want to put a little healthy oil in it to keep it from sticking.
- Cook the ground beef until it is brown, (don’t overcook it and make it dry), and season with Mrs. Dash Chipotle Seasoning, Salt, Cayenne pepper (if desired), Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, paprika to taste.
- When it has been browned taste the meat and add seasonings as needed.
- Let the meat cool.
- Place a layer of the corn tortilla chips at the bottom of your baking dish.
- Chop up the salad and add on top of your chips.
- Dice your onion and put on the lettuce (you can saute’ this and add to the meat if you don’t want them raw).
- Sprinkle the lettuce with grated cheese.
- Strain your ground beef well, then add on top of your salad.
- Put Sour-Cream in a ziplock bag and cut off the end. Use it as an icing bag and pipe in white stripes across your salad.
- Then add tomatoes for the red stripes on the taco salad casserole flag.
- Put the chopped olives in a square (like the blue part on the flag).
- Pipe Sour-Cream in small drops in small circles for the stars over the olives
- Add some corn tortilla chips around the edges of the casserole dish.
- Add cheese on top of the chips.
Print Taco Salad Casserole Recipe
- 1 Pound Organic Ground Beef (we use grass-fed beef)
- 9 -10 Black Olives (we like to cut them into fourths)
- 1 - Tomato diced up (we use organic tomatoes )
- 1 - Onion diced
- Corn tortilla chips (we use organic corn chips) or homemade flour tortilla chips
- 1 Container Sour-Cream (we use organic when we can find it)
- 1/2 A block or Monterey Jack or of Jalapeno Jack Cheese (Shredded)
- 1/2 A Head Of Organic Lettuce (Chopped)
- Fresh Salsa
- Mrs. Dash Chipotle Seasoning
- Cayenne Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Saute' Pan
- 8x13 Baking Dish
- Ziplock bag
Cook the ground beef until brown, (don't overcook) and season with Mrs. Dash Chipotle Seasoning, Salt, Cayenne pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, paprika to taste.
Let cool. Place a layer of chips at the bottom of you baking dish.
Chop up the salad and add on top of your chips.
Dice your onion and put on the lettuce.
Sprinkle the lettuce with grated cheese.
Strain your ground beef well, then add on top of your salad.
Put Sour-Cream in a ziplock bag and cut off the end. Use it as an icing bag and pipe in white stripes across your salad.
Then add tomatoes for red stripes.
Put olives in a square (like the blue part on the flag).
Pipe Sour-Cream in small drops in small circles.
Add chips around the edges of the pan.
Add cheese on top of the chips.
Can be served with diced avocados, guacamole or other toppings.
Before you go check out these other recipes
- Cheese Enchiladas
- Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- Smothered Beef and Bean Burritos
- Taco Casserole
- Beef Nachos
- Pork Tacos
- Carne Asade
- South of the Border Burger
- Chicken Fajitas
- Chili Relleno
- Salsa Chicken
- White Enchiladas
- Beef Taquitos
- Homemade Spicy Pinto Beans Recipe
- Spanish Rice
- Delicious Homemade Flour Tortillas