Pumpkin Bread Rolls
These adorable pumpkin bread rolls are delicious and so easy to make! Savory with a touch of pumpkin, perfect for the holiday season. Can’t you just see them as your Thanksgiving Rolls this year? Your family will remember them!
Pumpkin Bread Rolls Recipe
3 tablespoons grass-fed butter melted
1 large free range egg (plus another to baste the rolls with)
1 cup organic whole milk scalded & cooled to lukewarm
1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
3 3/4 cups organic all-purpose flour
2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
1 teaspoon salt
cinnamon sticks cut
Pumpkin Bread Rolls
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter melted
- 1 large free range egg plus another to baste the rolls with
- 1 cup organic whole milk scalded & cooled to lukewarm
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 3 3/4 cups organic all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cinnamon sticks cut
- In an electric mixer with a dough hook attachment, mix together yeast, milk, sugar, butter, pumpkin, egg, and salt until combined.
- Slowly add flour with the mixer on medium-low speed until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Turn off the mixer and allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
- Turn the mixer back on medium-low speed for 5 minutes (the dough should be soft and smooth).
- Move dough to a large oiled bowl, cover with oiled plastic wrap and let the dough rise until doubled (1 hour).
- Punch the dough down and place on a lightly floured surface.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal pieces and shape into balls, flatten slightly with your palm, with a sharp paring knife cut 8 slices (don't cut all the way througall the way around the dough to create a pumpkin shape.
- Cut the Cinnamon stick into pieces and press a piece into the center of into each pumpkin.
- Cover and let rise for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Baste the rolls with beaten egg.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until golden.
Before you go, check out these posts:
- Asiago Bread
- Bread Sticks
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Banana Nut Bread
- Ranchero Pepper Cheese Bread
- French Bread
- Rye Bread
- Bread Machine Pizza Dough
- Rosemary Olive Oil Bread
- Pumpkin Rolls
- Dinner Rolls
- King’s Hawaiian Rolls
- Country Hamburger Buns
- Cottage Hamburger Buns
- Zucchini Bread
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Bread
- Blueberry Bread
- English Muffins