Another way to maximize space is raised beds. We bought these one year but we later made more large beds by using 2×8 pieces of lumber and put shade cloth on the bottom of them to keep the weeds out.
Then we fill it with soil. We make the soil with a combination 1/3 compost 1/3 vermiculite and 1/3 peat moss. This makes the upkeep easier and watering easier.
Here we have grown pole beans on the back of the garden shed to save room. We bought the vinyl lattice at Lowe’s Home Improvement store and secured it at the top with “S” hooks to the metal eyes that we fastened to the roof overhang.
Before you go, check out these other posts
- The Best Garden Subscription Boxes For The Back Yard Gardener
- How To Build A Raised Bed Garden | Easy DIY Tutorial
- How To Transplant Seedlings To The Garden
- How To Grow Potatoes The Beginners Guide
- How To Start An Herb Garden
- The Best Tips For Desert Gardening
- The Beginners Guide To How To Start Seeds For Your Garden
- How To Make Your Own Seed Tape
- The #1 Beginner Guide How To Grow Tomatoes At Home
#squarefootgarden #raisedbedgardening #Lowes #gardening #HeirloomGardens #SamsClub