Related Post: 8 Days In Germany
It is said that 45, 000 bells were taken in Germany alone and 35,000 in other occupied territories.
|Pipe organ built in 1722 by Johann Nikolaus Schafer|
Initially, we all jumped at the shock of the music piercing the silence but when we recovered my female colleague grabbed her phone and recorded it on her phone and at this time I am trying to get a copy of it to share with you.
This amazing organ was built in 1722 by Johann Nikolaus Schafer. In 1722 in America Benjamin Franklin is a teenager and writing under the pseudonym Silence Dogood secretly publishing his articles in his brother’s newspaper where he works as an intern years before our revolution.
Related Article: Marburg Germany and the Marburg Castle
His father and mother’s marriage was not a happy one. He didn’t want to get a divorce because it was thought to be wrong and sinful so he married his 17-year-old mistress without divorcing his first wife because he thought bigamy was a lesser sin than divorce. He went on to have 9 children with his second wife.
This was a fantastic opportunity to experience the rich history of this town and church. I would have loved to be here during a worship service and be able to experience it but this will have to be good enough. I am so thankful that we were able to see and experience all of this.
Next week we will head to the town of Marburg further down the hill and walk its historic cobblestone streets.
End Of Log.
Before you check out our other Germany travels:
- American Guy in Germany
- My First Week In Germany
- 8 Days In Germany
- St Elizabeth’s Church in Marburg Germany
- Marburg, Germany Marburg Castle
- Traveling Alone – My Third Week In Germany
- Wilhelmshohe Palace and Musiuem Kassel Germany
- Lowenburg Castle – Kassel, Germany
- Hercules Monument – Kassel, Germany
- Kloster Ruin Limburg Monistary Bad Durkhim, Germany
- Hardenburg Castle Bad Durkhim, Germany
- Traveling Germany – Frankfurt
- Dreikonigsgemeinde Church – Frankfurt
- Kassel Hesse Germany part 1
- Frankfurt Germany Fasching
- Amoneburg Castle – Amoneburg Germany
- St Bartholomew Cathedral – Frankfurt, Germany
- Touring Heidelberg, Germany
- Churches of Heidelberg, Germany
- Heidelberg Castle
- Exploring Nuremberg, Germany (part 1)
- Exploring Nuremberg Germany (part 2)
- Churches of Nuremberg – Frauenkirche
- Churches of Nuremberg – St Elizabeth’s
- Churches of Nuremberg – St Jakob
- Churches of Nuremberg – St Lorenz
- Churches of Nuremberg – St Sebald
- Dachau – Concentration Camp
- Victims of Fascism Memorial –
- Neuschwanstein Castle – Swan Castle – Germany
- Simmerath – My Final Days In Germany