It’s time to stop comparing yourself to others, run the race friend! Let’s face it. We aren’t like anyone else. We are as unique as our fingerprints, some may look a little more alike- but not one of is like another. Yet we compare ourselves to others, we use other’s accomplishments as a measuring stick for who or what we say we should be.
Pin For Later!
Why Shouldn’t We Compare Ourselves To Others?
We place others on a scale to build us up or tear down what He has built. You and I and the girl down the street- you know her, the one with the perfect figure and awesome put-together life (wink wink). None of us were made to be like another one. You are God’s great craftsmanship, his work of art. We weren’t supposed to look like everyone else.
Personally, I love to travel. I would love to see the world- but I am truly horrible with languages. My twin, on the other hand, is pretty good. She picks it up well and can even throw in the right accent. See, I could spend my time sulking and comparing myself to others- but that isn’t going to get me anywhere. Besides who wants to travel alone?
“Let everyone be sure to do his very best, for then he will have the personal satisfaction of work done well and won’t need to compare himself with someone else.” (Galatians 6:4 LB)
Do your best and leave it at the feet of Christ. Your story isn’t going to match anyone else, so don’t try to force it. You’re the heroine, not the writer. Trust Him, and push ahead. Stop focusing on someone else story. Focus on Him, because He is the only one that matters.
Stop Comparing Yourself To Others, And Run The Race
Bible Verses About Comparing Yourself To Others:
Here are some great verses to get to know God’s heart on comparing yourself to others
- For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10 ESV
- Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Philippians 4:8
- For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it? 1 Corinthians 4:7 ESV
- Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. James 1:17
- I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:17
- For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness. Romans 12:4-8
- The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O’ Lord, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands. Psalm 138:8
- “Woe to him who strives with him who formed him, a pot among earthen pots! Does the clay say to him who forms it, ‘What are you making?’ or ‘Your work has no handles? Isaiah 45:9
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. John 14:27
- Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; Romans 12:6
Does that give you a good idea about what God thinks about comparing yourself to others? God is very clear that we should focus on running our race and not on trying to see how we measure up to those around us.
Before You Go, Check These Other Articles