Creating a beautiful country french Christmas powder room is a wonderful way to create a welcoming Christmas environment in your home. Whether your powder room is normally decorated in a country french look or a farmhouse style this is a really great way to add that classic old fashioned Christmas feel to the house.
Pin for later!
This article contains affiliate links
How To Decorate A Bathroom For Christmas
Our main bathroom/powder room is something we’ve always wanted to decorate for Christmas, but never really got around to until this year. Because bathrooms tend to be rather small, pick decor that can be layered and not to take up a ton of room.
Keep stuff around the sink a minimum and don’t use things that will be easily damaged by stray drops of water. A small space can’t handle a ton of decor so be tactful with what you use. Keep your look simple, and yet cozy. Some of our favorite pieces to use when decorating a Christmas bathroom are:
- Soft hand towels
- Candlesticks and candelabras
Tips For Decorating Country French
Wanting to create a beautiful country french Christmas powder room this year? Here are some tips to get you started.
- Use colors on the neutral/warm side of the color wheel. Soft pinks, creamy yellows, baby blues, and cream even light grays would be beautiful.
- Use pieces with simple graceful lines.
- Include pieces of architectural salvage.
- French country decor often includes lots of painted furniture.
- Wrought iron and rusted metal make great accent pieces.
- Country French Christmas on a budget? It’s absolutely doable! Use thrift store and yard sale finds to create a really beautiful look.
Decorating A Country French Powder Room
French country is a truly beautiful look to create in your home, that often goes arm in arm with the farmhouse look. And so fun to makeover for Christmas. We love how it brings together antiques and made over pieces to create a cozy look.
Use pieces like these:
- Wrought iron towel rack
- Wood & Metal Accents
- Mercury glass trees
- Full garland (fresh would be a great look)
- Cast iron hooks
- Metal lanterns
- Wall chandelier
- Deer figurines
- Decorative mirrors
- Hanging dress form – you can turn this into a beautiful tree dress as we did.
- Candlesticks & candelabras
Our Country French Christmas Bathroom
For our country french Christmas powder room, we framed the mirror with a thick piece of green Christmas garland, This really helps to give this wall a pop of color. Once that was secure we added beautiful mercury glass ornaments here and there. To one side of the sink, we added a small tabletop tree in an adorable french country vessel. To the other, we placed a silver cupcake display with little tea candles. We also used a ruffled white hand towel to finish the look.
Over the toilet, we added a bit of fresh greenery to the existing decor to draw the colors from around the mirror over. This is a simple way to restyle for a Christmas look.
On the wall beside the door, we added a hanging dress form that we added fresh greenery to and a ribbon to make a tree dress. The look and colors really compliment our country french powder room. We also added an antique prayer chair [read about its story], with a pair of adorable ice skates wall decor we picked up at Hobby Lobby for 50% off.
Decorating A Bathroom For Christmas
Decorating a bathroom for Christmas is a great way to make your home cozy this Christmas, especially if you are having guests. With some cheerful decor, and a bit of time you can makeover your bathroom in a country french Christmas look you’ll love.
Before you go, check these out!
- Old Fashioned Christmas Centerpiece
- Cozy Farmhouse Christmas Porch
- The Best Christmas Decor To Get Your Home Ready For Christmas