The Thanksgiving kids table is often what we forget about when planning our thanksgiving celebrations, but it’s just as important as the adult Thanksgiving table. Which is why we’ve put together a fun kiddies table to inspire you!
Decorating a Thanksgiving table for kids isn’t all that different than preparing the adult table, with some thought you can create a classic look that is kid-friendly.
Pin For Later!
This post contains affiliate links
Thanksgiving Kids Table Decorations
Decorating a Thanksgiving Table with Kid-friendly decor can feel like a bit of a challenge, so we thought we’d tackle a quick and easy look you can copy for your own Thanksgiving celebration. Just like decorating the adults Thanksgiving table you will need:
- Thanksgiving Table Cloth
- Thanksgiving Centerpiece
Thanksgiving Kids Table Ideas
Now that you have the basic’s down its time to come up with your Thanksgiving kids table decorations. For this look, we went with rich colors, and a touch of history for a great conversation starter. To create this look you are going to need:
- Brown Tablecloth
- Pumpkin paper plates
- Thanksgiving napkins that match the plates
- Milk bottle glasses
- Pine cones, acorns, and faux leaves (we found ours at Dollar Tree)
- Construction paper
- Small pumpkins & acorn squash
- Dowel rods
- Brown Felt
- Needle & brown thread
- Glue Gun
- Ribbon & raffia
- Leaf Punch (you could also just buy faux leaves)
- Electric tea candles
- Mayflower Pattern
Kids Thanksgiving Centerpiece
- Begin by covering the table you’ll be using as a Thanksgiving kids table, remember that a shorter table can work and helps save big tables for adults.
- Begin assembling your thanksgiving centerpiece by placing pumpkins down the center of the table.
- Follow that with pine cones and oversized acorns here and there. This brings some texture to the table while still being kid-friendly decor.
- Cut long sausage-shaped pieces out of red and orange construction paper, glue them together to form a fan and then hot glue gun them to the back of the cork.
- Add a face to the front of the cork using a permanent marker pen and construction paper.
- Use the leaf punch to cut colorful leaves out of the construction paper and sprinkle them here and there.
- Cut out strips of construction paper that you punched leaves in, tape the ends together and set it on the table with an electric candle.
Kids Thanksgiving Place Setting
For the kids Thanksgiving Place settings :
- Use a piece of construction paper as a placemat, we left ours plain but you could print our thanksgiving coloring placemats on them instead as a Thanksgiving activity for kids.
- On top of the placemats set a plate and next to it a folded napkin.
- Place a Mayflower on top of each plate, you could stamp or write the name of each child on the sail so they know where to sit.
- Decorate the cups with ribbon, raffia, and construction paper.
- Add cutlery to the table.
Tips For Decorating a Thanksgiving Table For Kids
Try using a short table for your Thanksgiving table for kids and make sure you have chairs that are tall enough that the kids can easily reach their food. There is nothing worse than not being able to reach your food.
If you are using a really short table for a Thanksgiving table for kids (like a coffee table) consider using piles of pillows instead of chairs for a fun change.
Use kid-friendly decor that isn’t easily broken and you won’t mind if they touch it.
Kid-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes
Another great way to create a kid-friendly Thanksgiving is making sure you have some Thanksgiving recipes for kids that they’ll love! These are some of our favorites:
- Kid-friendly Pumpkin recipes
- Kid-friendly apple recipes
- Macaroni Casserole
- Pumpkin Scones
- Pumpkin Shaped Rolls
- Hand Pies
- Cornish Game Hens (this way the kid’s table can have a mini turkey of their own)
Thanksgiving Activities For Kids
Don’t forget the Thanksgiving activities for kids, to keep them entertained throughout the gathering while their parents are occupied. Coloring pages, thankfulness cards, and even quick crafts are a great way to make Thanksgiving Kids Table a little more fun!
Try these fun Thanksgiving activities for kids:
Here are some great ways to make Thanksgiving for kids a little more fun from some of our favorite bloggers:
- Gratitude Activities for kids
- Thanksgiving books for kids
- How to teach your kids the history of Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving Table Decorations For Kids
Creating a fun Thanksgiving for kids doesn’t have to be daunting espechially if you are hosting Thanksgiving for the first time. But with some planning, you can make sure the kids have a wonderful Thanksgiving with lots of memory-making.
Before you go, check these out!
- Silver and Cotton Thanksgiving Table
- Country Thanksgiving Table Decorations
- 9 Beautiful Thanksgiving Tables