Garden subscription boxes make wonderful gifts, for yourself or for a friend. Why you ask? Because who doesn’t like getting a surprise gift every month? Subscription boxes are kind of like gifts that keep on giving because the recipient will get a new one each month filled with some amazing garden-related goodies
If you love to garden or know someone who does then you -or they- are probably thinking about gardening a lot, a gardening subscription box offers a unique way to treat the gardener in yourself. Plant subscription boxes are fun and can be canceled at any time. Whether you are looking for yourself or someone else these are always a great way to make an impression and a perfect present.
What Are Garden Subscription Boxes
Garden subscription boxes are a monthly subscription service that you can subscribe to receive a monthly subscription box filled with anything from seeds to garden-related products. Each box is unique and different, some will have herbs, some house plants such as air plants, some will curate a collection of pet-friendly plants, and others focus on heirloom seeds and a basic starter guide. A plant box subscription is a great gift for the gardeners in your life.
The Best Garden Subscription Boxes
Here are some of our favorite garden subscription boxes from Crate Joy, each one is unique and offers different items in the box. What is in the box each month will also vary, depending on the box. Some of these would be great for beginning gardeners, while some will be appropriate for gardeners no matter their gardening experience.
House Plant Specialty Box
First up we have the House Plant Specialty Garden subscription box includes a seasonal selection of outdoor and indoor plants. Boxes in spring may be filled with herbs and veggies, while later in the summer the box can be shipped with annuals and perennials. When the temperatures are colder in the winter, the box will ship with indoor plants. You can purchase a one month subscription for $44.99 a month or you can purchase up to 12 months.
Each box includes:
- Four 4″ potted plants.
- Four detailed care cards.
- Free Shipping
Seed Bank Box
Next up we have The Seed Bank Garden Subscription Box: , this is monthly garden subscription boxes for the urban gardener. They send out amazing boxes of organic, non-gmo and sometime rare seeds for you to plant in your vegetable garden every month. You’ll start eating amazing foods that are infinitely better than anything you can find in the organic section of your grocery store.
- They believe that growing your food at home is the best investment you can make for you and your family’s health.
- You could get everything from root vegetables, vining vegetables, fruit plants, leafy greens, edible flowers, rare heirloom varieties, even medicines, the possibilities are endless.
- This monthly garden subscription boxes program is for the urban gardener. Sending out amazing seeds for you to plant in your garden every month. Discover different vegetables you’ll never find in the store.
My Garden Boxes
The My Garden Box garden subscription box: Each month you will receive a unique plant themed subscription box. Containing everything you need to build relaxing, rewarding, and enriching garden projects, including live plants (a variety of indoor and outdoor plants). With visually illustrated instructions, simple garden care tips, and properly portioned ingredients, assembly is fun & easy!
- Includes everything needed for growing success
- Each collection includes step-by-step planting instructions, plant care information, and fun plant facts.
- Gift quality packaging makes it fun to open…even if you bought it for yourself.
- Family friendly planting projects to inspire the inner gardener.
The Plant Club Garden Subscription Boxes
The Plant Club by My Garden Box : Every plant has a story and with so many plants in the world, there are so many plant stories to discover! We include our feature plant of the month along with your complete ‘Plant Story’. In addition, your monthly membership box comes with an id tag, goodie kit, soil and decorative pot.
- Plant story, plant care information, and fun plant facts
- Decorative container included
- Direct from our greenhouses to your door
- Family owned, fourth generation growers
- Gift quality packaging and shipping
Seed Sampler Garden Subscription Boxes
Permaculture Gardens garden subscription box: Take the guesswork out of what to plant when! Permaculture Gardens will only send you seeds that grow well in your climate & when possible, use varieties native to where you live.
- This garden subscription boxes may include organic, non-GMO and often heirloom curations of seeds.
- Each month’s seed sampler takes into consideration both your local climate and the planting season.
- They are an eco-friendly, family-owned, small busines.
- They ship using compostable packaging
- Seed samplers come with emailed instructions and videos on how to grow your seeds successfully
Urban Organic Gardener Subscription Box
Next on our list of the best garden subscription boxes is the Urban Organic Gardener Subscription Box: Each month, members receive a collection of high-quality seeds (heirloom/OP/non-hybridized/GMO-FREE) & gardening supplies. Customized based on YOUR garden characteristics, preferences, location, and more.
House Plant Garden Subscription Boxes
Next up on our list of garden subscription boxes is The House Plant Box. Each month, you’ll receive a beautiful and unique plant selection direct from our greenhouses. Inspiration comes in its own way. Each plant is selected based on a host of criteria including coloration, character, foliage, form, seasonality, and diversity. We include plant care and information with each monthly plant.
- The box comes with quality 4″ potted house plants.
- This company is family owned, fourth generation growers.
- Each box has variety and seasonal diversity.
- Each box comes with plant care and detail to help you succeed.
Easy Come Easy Grow Garden Subscription Box
Easy Come Easy Grow garden subscription box: receive 3 different in season herb or vegetable seeds to grow each month. Whether you have a backyard or a windowsill anybody can grow their food.
- 3 different (in season) herb or vegetable seed per box
- Grow cards included!
- All seeds come from Australian companies
Seedle Subscription Boxes
Next up on our list of the best garden subscription boxes is Seedle Garden Subscription: a monthly subscription service that provides you with high-quality traditional open-pollinated varieties of vegetable seed. Organically or biodynamically grown, information about how and what you are planting and support that will have you nurturing your own vegetable patch in no time.
- Three unique certified organic seed varieties each month.
- Expertly curated to your specific region and time of year.
- Easy to follow planting cards that make growing fun.
Unique Succulent Subscription For Plant Lovers
Next up on our list of garden subscription boxes is the unique succulent subscription. You’ve started your greenhouse, but you’re sick of the same old green hens and chicks. Well, welcome to Lug’s greenhouse! Every month we’ll ship you 2 unique succulents (+ compostable pots, dirt & instructions) to bring some bumps, color, and fuzz to your greenhouse! Succulents are between 2 and 4 inches and ship bare root to prevent rot.
- Quality Only!
- Each box has unique and rare succulents!
- All plants come with biodegradable pots. Plus there box, filler & wrapping can be recycled!
- Everything you need is included!
- Each succulent comes with care instructions!
Garden Subscription Boxes Make Great Gifts Anytime
I seriously want to order all of these for myself and my gardener friends! To be honest, there is so much included in these monthly subscription boxes that I would most likely not use everything included each month. But that’s ok because the great thing about garden subscription boxes is that you can use the items over and over again.
In addition to these garden subscription boxes, you’ll also find a huge selection of monthly subscription boxes for just about any occasion and for any age on Cratejoy.
Have you bought any of these garden subscription boxes? I’d love to hear your thoughts on them! Which one is your favorite?
Before you go, check these out!